Hydrodynamic experiments with the Salme viking ship
Weâ€™re taking the model of the ancient ship Salme on water, in our towing tank.
Salme ship model test plan in towing tank must answer the following questions:
- What was the stability of the vessel?
- How fast were Viking boats?
- How good was the shape of the boat from hydrodynamic point of view?
- How Viking boat kept the speed in the stormy sea?
- Does the vertical position of propulsion significantly change the performance of the vessel in speed performance?
- How would the Salme boat comply with the today s stability requirements?
On the dry land, we´ll talk about how to revive the DNA of the vikings, refurbish their swords and continue the bygone battles in a board game, 1200 years later!
16-17 Test of the model-Salme in towing tank
16-17 Test in the portative model testing basin with different models of ship hulls
17 18.30 A gripping seminar explains the role of different scientists in the research of the ancient ship
18.30-19 Test of the model-Salme in towing tank
18.30-19 Test in the portative model testing basin with different models of ship hulls
See you at Tallinn University of Technology Kuressaare College, Tallinna 19, Kuressaare on Thursday, 29.09.2016.
Pictures of the Researchers night in our Facebook.